Process forms faster and reduce manual keying
Forms processing solutions are used by many companies because of the high level of automation that is possible and the significant time savings that can be made. It is one of the most widely used applications for document scanning and OCR/ICR technology.
Forms processing systems can be used for many form types including orders, applications, claims, change requests and survey forms received from customers as well as internally generated forms such as expense claims, request forms, time sheets and HR records. The data on these forms is often business critical so to be able to capture and transfer this to internal systems quickly and accurately is a huge benefit to the organisation.
Unlike other documents, forms are often just used as a temporary method of transferring information from person to person or to a business system. Therefore, our forms processing solution includes interfaces to databases, CRM and many other business systems as well as export of form PDF images to document management systems.
Benefits of Automated Forms Processing
- Speed up data entry – reduce the manual effort of keying data, save time and money and make business critical information available to the organisation sooner
- Improve customer service – access information faster to allow staff to respond to customer requests and enquires immediately thereby improving efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Increase data accuracy – increase the accuracy of data acquired from the form by using the latest OCR technology with built in error checking and database lookup validation
- Capture all data formats – extract all type of data including machine printed text, hand printed text, barcodes (1D and 2D) and checkboxes with a single capture solution
PSICapture for Forms – Product Features and Benefits
- Monitor network folders or email for forms arriving as attachments – move forms directly into auto processing folder
- Automatically recognise form type using barcodes or keywords – scan mixed forms in one batch to save manual sorting
- Capture form data from text or barcodes using intelligent smart zones – dramatically minimise manual keying effort
- Validate captured data using standard or user defined rules – ensure data accuracy before exporting to business systems
- Check captured data against existing company databases – allows for further validation and retrieval of additional data
- Export form data to CRM systems and database – update company systems automatically in real time
- Convert forms into fully text-searchable PDF format – enables keyword searching and quick access to forms stored in DM and CRM systems